Wednesday 21 May 2008

Safari time!

No trip to Africa is complete without a safari... So I went to two different places, Addo Elephant Park and Schotia Game Reserve and was lucky enough to come across various wild animals.

Here's a tiny sample of what I saw. Bear in mind that the light was very low, the weather was bad and when we finally found the lions, it was getting dark. Hence the strange colours on most pictures. That said, I still find them ok.













This is a dung beetle... Yes, it lives in dung, basically.




A kudu, great to watch, delicious in the dinner plate too.













Elephant and ostrich.





































After a bit of editing, colours come out better.




The local Steve Irwin. Hopefully he will live a little longer than his Aussie counterpart. He put a whole venomous snake in his mouth. I mean, someone has to.







Sometimes you just don't think, you do it and then you realise it wasn't that bad after all. I ended up with 2 pythons, 1 boa and 1 anaconda playing around my neck, at the same time. Easy peasy.







No comments: