Tuesday 4 March 2008

Queenstown

As I said before, Queenstown is the capital of extreme sports. This is the town where the first commercial bungy jump was operated and since then it has boomed. You can pretty much do any kind of life-threatening, mother-scaring, heart-attacking (if that sounds English) activity, from the classic bungee to skydive, rafting etc...

However we didn't go there to spend hundreds of dollars on this kind of stuff. Queenstown just happened to be on our way. I didn't think it was that inspiring a town but I care about you, my dear blog readers, and so I took a few pictures.

Oh and by the way, if I sometimes speak in 19th century English, that's because I just finished Orwell's 1984 and I'm now reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.


Apparently, too much extreme sports leads to a loss of any orthographic skill.




A town, a lake and the Remarkables, mountains renowned for their good skiing slopes.