Saturday 22 December 2007

Coral Bay

I thought I'd found paradise beaches in Monkey Mia. But I was wrong... I hadn't seen Coral Bay yet.

In Coral Bay, you can snorkel straight from the beach, for the Ningaloo Reef is just a few metres away. So it's a different experience from the Great Barrier Reef (east coast) where you need to book a tour on a boat and so on... It cost just $5 to hire snorkelling gear...and ended being free of charge thanks to Alice and Tao! I intended to spend 2 or 3 days there, and ended up staying for 5 days. It truly is the most beautiful stretch of coast I have seen so far.

It's a tiny town, with approx 120 inhabitants, one hostel, one resort, 2 tiny supermarkets and a couple of cafes. So it wasn't crowded and we could enjoy the beach, the sea, the sharks and still have the place almost to ourselves!

The best thing about Coral Bay is that you literally swim with fish... L'explication en images:
















The sea was turquoise, blue, green, perfect. Incredibly transparent, clean, beautiful... I just can't get over it. It was BEAUTIFUL!







And it was quite surreal because you swim there and a few minutes away on foot, further north, there's a bay full of sharks, where you can't swim. Strange... They don't go anywhere else. This bay is called Shark Nursery because they come here to give birth and raise their little ones before leaving.



















Playing with sand...




Coral Bay, village and beach.







And Coral Bay is place where you can admire glorious sunsets... I went to watch the sunset three nights in a row, I couldn't get enough of it!







Votre serviteur devant la mer.




































See the sun set, see the moon rise...






And that's it for tropical Western Australia!

No comments: