Monday 3 December 2007

Goodbye Alice

So the trip in the outback is over... I arrived in Australia on September 27th, spent almost 2 months on the east coast. Then I stayed in the outback for about 10 days. Tomorrow, I'm flying to Perth, in south-west Australia. Another climate is waiting for me, as the minimum temperature is around 15 degrees in the morning and maximum is 25 in the afternoon... In other words, I'm going to freeze.

From Perth, things will get a bit more serious: either I travel for a few weeks along the west coast (towards Exmouth, north of Perth, on the Tropic of Capricorn) and come back to Perth to look for a job, or I look for a job as soon as I arrive.

The outback experience was fabulous, challenging and very interesting. I learned a lot about indigenous communities and the issues they have faced since their land was colonised by the British. I've also discovered how the body adapts to extreme temperatures. I'd got used to high humidity in China but never had I experienced such hot weather. But the human body is a piece of state-of-the-art natural technology and it manages to cope, so much so that when the temperature "drops" to 35, you almost feel cold...

Now's time to move on to another type of weather, culture, landscape...but still in the same country!

A bientot.

No comments: