Tuesday 27 November 2007

The Australian outback

Hello everyone. Here I am in Alice Springs, in the middle of Australia, approximately 2,500km away from Cairns. I just spent 3 days on the road, travelling with the Desert Venturer bus and it was a fabulous trip. In the next few days, I will add pictures and stories of this exceptional adventure. Get ready for some heavy reading!

All I can say is that it's VERY hot here, and the weather forecast indicates a maximum temperature of 44 degrees celsius for this afternoon or tomorrow (or so I've been told).

Right now I don't have time to sort the hundreds of pictures I took so you'll have to be patient! But it'll be worth the wait ;-)


I'm leaving on Thursday to take another 3-day trip in the Red Centre, where I will see Ayers Rock (Uluru), The Olgas (Kata Tjuta) and Kings Canyon. I will camp in a swag, under a starlit sky and will hopefully witness the sunrise over the world's largest rock.


A bientot!


No comments: